Of Memories and Forgetfulness

I keep waiting
For a breeze
To bring your scents
Closer to me.

I've been waiting
For long
For long.

I almost forget
Your face
And your smile
I almost forget
Your scent.

I keep praying
For the tides
To bring you
Back to me

But I fear
That when you finally come
I will be no longer me
And you,
Well, you would be no longer you.

All that'd remain
Would be a memory
Of you, of me and of us
All that'd remain
Would be a memory

For I would have forgotten you
You would have forgotten me
And when we cross paths,
I might smile at you
And you might say
"I think I know that girl".

And the memory
Like a deja vu
Would haunt us
Without you remembering me
Without me remembering you.

If I were to forget you
If I were to be lost in your memory
Would your scent remind me of you?
Would my eyes remind you of me?

Would our dreams remind us of us?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Post

Of Insomnia and other things

Hmmm...?